Medrol uses anti-inflammatory corticosteroids that treat a wide range of medical issues in both cats and dogs.
These conditions vary greatly in nature and can include dermal, allergic, otic, ocular, musculoskeletal, and collagen diseases. Additionally, it can help treat chronic or recurrent diseases such as nephrosis or ulcerative colitis.
This medication comes in tabs that are easy to digest to consume and digest for dogs or cats that have difficulty holding down their medicine. This bottle comes with 500 4 milligram tabs- but you can also purchase Medrol by theindividual tablet.
- Begins working after only 1 to 2 hours to relieve discomfort quickly
- Enhanced potency achieves astounding results with minimal side effects, compared to medications such as prednisone and prednisolone
- Small, easy-to-swallow tablets can be split to allow for simple dosage adjustments
Dosage & Administration
|Recommended Dosage for Dogs & Cats|
Average Total Daily Dose
|Weight of Animal
||Number of Tablets
|5 to 15 lb
|15 to 40 lb
||2 to 4 mg
||1/2 to 1
|40 to 80 lb
||4 to 8 mg
||1 to 2
Administer in divided doses, 6 to 10 hours apart
- The initial suppressive dose level is continued until a satisfactory clinical response is obtained, usually in 2 to 7 days
- As soon as a satisfactory clinical response is obtained, the daily dose should be reduced gradually, either to termination of treatment in acute conditions (eg, seasonal asthma, dermatitis, acute ocular inflammations) or to the minimal effective maintenance dose in chronic conditions (eg, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Additional information on dosing can be found in the prescribing informaiton.